Saturday, May 1, 2010

Little Red Dress and FOUND

I bought this little vintage red dress from my BFF friend, Gail.  I love it!  It is hand made and the embroidery on the sleeves and ruffles is hand done.  I made the little pin you see on the dress.
Here is the little pin.  Apologies for the blurred pic.  I had my small camera with me and couldn't get a good shot of it.
But you can see the little old quilt heart is handstitched on and that there are three tiny french knots in the bottom right corner.  I had fun making this little "Adore" pin and putting it on the dress with safety pins -- it is not permanently attached to the dress.  It is for sale in Merchant Square.

FOUND is a new venture for Dan and Kristen of Domestic Bliss in downtown Mesa.  Be sure to check out the links I provided for both.  My BFF Kim and I went to their grand opening on Thursday evening.  Here are a few highlights of what awaited us.
Love this display!
Old clocks, pretty flowers, and "Found" on a vintage flash card.
Absolutely love this huge picture of the lady in white!!  Comfy tufted chairs and the old folding doors with mirrors where glass used to be.  And check out that great chest full of drawers!  Yummy!!
This picture and display is for you, Gail!!  Check out the old cameras!  And those neat flower frogs!  My mother had several of those because she loved camilias and these frogs held them best in a bouquet.  Also love the "You Are My Sunshine" sign!!
Friends at FOUND -- Kim, me and Trisha.   I so want to get rid of some of my furniture and replace it with what I saw in FOUND.  But the budget doesn't allow it!

4 comments:

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

Hi Judy,
Thank you so much for coming to our Opening and for this lovely post! We hope to see you again soon!
Take care!
K

Michelle said...

Hey Judy,

That's a great picture of you and Kim.

Judy Wood said...

oh yeah! they are finally open! can't wait to stop in!

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

It was so much fun running into you gals at Found. Loving those dollheads, too!
HUgs, Tricia