Friday, March 22, 2013

Backroads and Blooms at Sweet Salvage on 7th this month.

Gail and I made our way to Phoenix yesterday morning to visit Sweet Salvage on 7th's March event, Backroads and Blooms.  Took lots of pics yesterday and here are some of my favorites!
Here are Gail and I posing for our photo op by the back wall, in the shade, before the store opens.  This one is for Dawn Marie . . . 
Here is Dawn Marie of the blog Bohemian Vahalla.  She is usually there and it is always good to see her and catch up! Check out her blog for more pics from yesterday!
I just love the wonderful displays under these large cloches!
This one has a little doll, a small clock, and en pointe shoes.
This tool box is excellent for a gardener.  I love the aqua tiles with the little hummingbirds.
Pink roses, pearls and white items!
Old silver, and jewelry .
More interesting jewelry displays.
Interesting display of collectibles or just stuff!
This lounging lady is on top of the divided box in the picture above.  Lots of real greenery all over Sweet Salvage yesterday.
Here you can see what I brought home yesterday!  Two beautiful crocheted throws.  One has shades of blue on the edges fading to off white in the center.  The throw on the right is a kind of aqua blue with fringe all around.  In the silver tray is a sweet figure of a kneeling Mary, children sized wood shoes, rusty metal roses and a lovely mother of pearl ex voto from a new vendor at Sweet Salvage.
Here you can see up close the metal roses I found in the SteamPunk AZ corner of Sweet Salvage.
I love this ex voto (I didn't know what it was until I saw it on Dawn Marie's blog and looked up the definition).  Dawn Marie bought one yesterday at Sweet Salvage, too.

You can see two full albums of more pictures I posted earlier today on my FaceBook page.

Going to Sweet Salvage events each month is always a treat for Gail and me.  We shop, we gab, we visit other shops on 7th Avenue between Indian School and Camelback, have lunch, and then stop for frozen yogurt on our way home.  A fun day for us each month.  We miss our gal pals who used to live here in Arizona but have moved to Colorado and Utah.  But they look at all the pictures and read all about it!

No comments: