Friday, February 22, 2013

Reclaiming Style -- Sweet Salvage in February

Yesterday my BFF Gail and I went to another fabulous Sweet Salvage event.  The theme this month is Reclaiming Style.  Here are my favorites!
There were several of this large cloches with this great bottom.  Loved the clocks, coral, beach glass, urchin shell and the frozen Charlotte.
This delightful display was in an old cupboard with no glass.  I loved the cute child's cupboard, the dolls and the doll clothes hung on the mirror in the back.
Silver, glass and glitter!!!
Another great cloche filled with a ceramic glove hand, the shell box, the topiary, and the chippy table.
This is my very favorite!  The burlap, lace and rick rack wrapping those old books.  And then there is the flower made out of tissue paper!
Roses!!!
 Look at this fabulous cloche!!!  Love everything inside of it!!
 I love these old boxes stacked as display shelving.
 This vintage dress is beautiful and the jacket is awesome.  The Sweet Team now has a new member who brought in lots of jewelry and beautiful clothing.
Look at the great jewelry.  New, old and hand made!  See the old paintbrush on the shelf to the left?  It is a display piece for stick pins!  How clever!!
Darling dress -- even more darling little crocheted jacket!
This dress form was way above my head, but you can definitely see the beautiful shawl that is wrapped around her!  Awesome!

It was a great event and Gail and I had a ball!!!  Please check out my FaceBook page here to see the picture albums I have posted there to see even more great items and displays!

1 comment:

sjmcdowell said...

HI Judy,

My grandmother had a black shawl, similar to this cream shawl. I have been on the hunt for a black one for years!!
If you ever come across one, let me know!! :)

Blessing,

Susan