Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Heirloom workshop with Carol Wingert last Saturday

Carol Wingert's Heirloom workshops are not to be missed!  I had a fabulous time last Saturday at the all day event!  As I walked to the front door last Saturday, I could smell fresh coffee brewing, I heard the laughter of old friends, and I was greeted by Carol herself with a warm hug.  

We started out the day on Carol's lovely back patio area in the cool air and shade.  Here's what we found at our places at each table.
Each basket had a metal flower with our name on it.
This is what each basket looked like!  It was actually a "chicken" basket.  None of us there seemed to know just exactly what a "chicken" basket was used for or why it was called a chicken basket.  There were ideas out there but none seemed to fit the description!
Also at each place was this darling pin cushion made by Carol herself.  Isn't this just the cutest gift!  I am definitely going to use mine and sell my others in my booth at Merchant Square.  None of those are nearly as nice as this one nor as special!
Here was the breakfast buffet!  Ashley did a fabulous job, as usual!!  There was Ham, Cheese & Potato Casserole, Spinach-Mushroom Strata, Cinnamon Scones, Pumpkin Scones and a fresh fruit salad.
 Here is the lunch buffet.  Roasted Pork Loin with Plum Sauce, Chicken with Bitter Orange Sauce, Orzo with Caramelized Fall Vegetables, Butternut Squash Tian, and salad with Italian dressing.
Late in the afternoon we were then treated to dessert!  These are Mini Rum Cupcakes with Rum Buttercream!  Delish!!
Mini Apple-Pies-in-a-Jar!  Scrumptious and good to the last bite!
Chocolate "Snow Tire" Cookies, Snickerdoodles, and fresh Berries with Fresh Whipped Cream!
This is the finished cover to my "Treasured Memories" box.  I will share the inside pages with you in a few days.  I have just a couple pages left to finish.  Check back to see the finished box.

1 comment:

Me! said...

What a lovely day, Judy! Your box is just so pretty! I'm anxious to see what's inside! You're such a tease! :)