Friday, October 26, 2012

My Heirloom Boutique Treasure Box is finished!

By doing a little bit each day since Carol Wingert's Heirloom Boutique event last Saturday, Oct. 20.  I just finished it up today and took the pictures to share with you.  Here we go!
 I finished the wreath on the cover by adding the buttons.
 When you open the metal case, these tags are there held in place with rusty magnets.  Great!
My own flower created long ago was added to this large pocket for tags and notes.
 The "NOteS" file at the bottom unties and there are several pages sewn inside to jot down notes or ideas.
 Love the birdie holding the string to his cage!  Another nice pocket for mementos.
 Just waiting for a nice picture of a memorable event.  Perhaps Thanksgiving??
 I have a "thing" for Paris even though I have never been there.  I can add other pictures of Paris settings when I find some.
 Here I glued an old page from a small pocket atlas and topped it with an envelop and tag.
 This flower was so easy to make that I will be making more of them for gift bags, etc.  You can tuck notes or pictures into the envelope or behind it in the pocket there.
A nice accordion book is tied with jute ribbon and tucked into a burlap pocket.
 Another nice pocket with a dragonfly on it.
This canvas pocket unfolds to reveal the contents.  I love the bead trim sewn onto the gold ribbon.
 A nice inked pocked decorated with an old key.  Really like the white fabric in the background.
 A nice page ready for small photos of a trip.

Thanks for taking a look at this wonderful Treasure Box.  I love it!  Will be putting more goodies in it later.

1 comment:

Me! said...

It is wonderful, Judy! I tried for about five minutes to sit down today to work on a memory book . . . better luck next time, but yours! Yours is positively wonderful! What a great, fun project!
~Debbi