Monday, June 11, 2012

New furniture finds

I have been looking for some time for a replacement of the cupboard in my booth.  I found one over a week ago in Not Too Shabby in North Phoenix.  So the cupboard is for sale and this piece is waiting to take it's place in my booth.  Here it is:
I am going to line the shelves with pieces of old lace tablecloths.  The inside is the same green you see in the fretwork.  I see myself in that glass!  Yikes!!
I found this wonderful oak farm kitchen table at My Sister's Attic.  Am pretty sure it use to have a drawer, but that is long gone.  I love the color and the rustic appeal it has.

Someone at some time did some ironing on this table and left the hot iron in place a little too long.  Adds character and a story!
And in 1956 Bernie carved his name, year and Fountain Cal. on the top of this table.  At least I now know that the table is over 50 years old!  Thanks, Bernie, whoever you are/were!!  LOL!!!  I haven't decided whether or not I will keep this table.  It is 4 feet long by about 2 1/4 feet wide.  Nice size, but I am looking for something a bit longer for my dining area.  Perhaps this will go in the kitchen eating area -- once I clean out everything!!  You have no idea!!

2 comments:

Jeo Fazzio said...

This is great information about new furniture – well written and easy to understand. It explains the subject clearly, even to those of us unfamiliar with the topic without making us feel clueless. Thanks.

Gerry said...

Did you keep the table? If you’re going to use it as a dining table, I think you’re better off finding something else. From the looks of it, it’s too small to be a dining table. It’s much better to place it in the kitchen. By the way, I think the cupboard is a great find. It’s in good condition, and I think it will look even better once you got the shelves lined up.

Gerry Bossier