Sunday, December 18, 2011

What I did with some of my finds from last Thursday

I have thought for months that I wanted to replace my desk lamp with something a bit more up-to-date.
This is the old lamp.  Nice, but I am tired of the eyelash trim and beads.  Here is the lamp I found at Sweet Salvage on Thursday.
Just a bit more up-to-date and in step with what I want in the den.  The shade is wonderful and has a printed fabric on the inside which gives the lamp this great glow!
Here are the other items I bought.  I drink white zinfandel on occasion, and intend to put this in the kitchen!  Love that necklace and will definitely wear it.  The pulley wheels will make great paper weights or whatever else I can think of to do with them.  The holy cards are for art work in the near future.
This great cross and lovely doily were found at Zinnia's on Melrose.  I collect these crosses and this one is going in the niche in my entryway.
After we left Sweet Salvage, we headed on down Camelback Blvd. had lunch, visited My Sister's Attic and Closet, had yogurt at Yogurtology and headed towards Scottsdale Fashion Square to visit Anthropologie!  I had never been in that store and what a treat it was.  Found these cabinet knobs and the great Vintage Numbers stamp set by Cavallini.
These were the current blue glass knobs on the cupboard doors in the guest bath.  When I found the knobs pictured above at Anthropologie I KNEW they were perfect for the guest bath.
They were!  The guest bath is decorated in brown and blues and these knobs fit in perfectly!  Love them!

Have to say, I will be going back to Anthropologie again soon.  Can't believe I had never set foot in the store before last Thursday!

No comments: