Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's in my cupboard?

Etsy Cottage Style is having a blog party this month called "What's in your Cottage Cupboard?"  I have lots on the shelves and cupboards that fit in with this theme.  So here we go!

Even though I don't consider my "hacienda" to be a cottage, I still have lots of items on my stepback cupboard, on top of my kitchen cupboards and on the shelves in my great room that represent my favorite pieces from my seriously thinned collections.
My husband made this stepback cupboard from plans we bought from Country Living Magazine many years ago.  I painted it country blue (it fit my decor at the time) with a red milk paint interior.  But you can see that I have kept some Hall pieces, some spatterware in turquoise blue, old ironstone pitchers, and some new Droll Designs pottery pieces.  On the bottom shelf is the fabric collage book that was published in the 2010 Summer issue of Sew Somerset.  On the other side is another collage made from an old wood box and filled with a cowboy transfer, old bullet cartridges and turquoise pieces.

I decided today, Friday Feb. 18, to change "What's in my cupboard?" to include my china cabinet.  After looking at all the other blogs featuring their cupboards, it occured to me that I should have shown my china cabinet.  So here it is!
It is stuffed with my treasures.  Here are some close ups.

Here you can see my half doll collection.  Most of them remind me of Marie Antoinette and I love every one of them!  From big to small.  In the background you can see some of the state plates my sister collected and gave to me as a birthday present.  My husband and I have lived in 6 different states since 1968 when we got married.
Here you can see some of my cups and saucers, a cut glass creamer full of coin silver I have collected, and two of my angels I created last year from porcelain doll heads.
This shelf has plates that belonged to my mother as well as a small collection of tiny pots, salt and pepper teapots, Russian art I've collected, and Lefton pieces I love for the pink roses.

Thanks for stopping by to see what is in my cupboard!  See you again soon??  Hope so!

6 comments:

Char said...

Hi Judy, I love what's in your cupboards neighbor!! Your hubby has talent and the cabinet he built is perfect for all your lovely things. Thanks so much for sharing with us, Char

chateau de fleurs said...

Hi judy, I enjoyed the journey through your cupboards, I love all your cherished pieces! Christie

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Your collections are just wonderful and I am so glad you decided to show us your china cupboard.
You have wonderful pieces and I just adore all your half dolls!
Jil

Becky Bunn said...

So many lovely's to look at. Thanks for sharing

Debbi said...

Judy, you have some lovely treasures and I see some gorgeous roses pretties I would would love to own!
thanks for sharing and also thanks for letting us know about the selling links over at ECS, they were promptly removed!

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Judy,
I'm a new follower here.
I just love your collection of beautiful pieces!
Mary