Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finished!

The doll outfit for my granddaughter's doll is done.  Now I can mail it out to her and hope it arrives in time for Valentine's Day.  Here it is:
One thing I discovered in making the little blouse -- I hate working with knits!  I used to sew knits all the time.  Remember Stretch n Sew??  I loved sewing with knits then.  But I don't like it now.  Hard to handle on something so small.  And my poor old fingers are not as agile as they used to be.  The tiny snaps on the back of the jumper were a major pain!  The blouse has a velcro closing -- but I sewed it on wrong the first time.  Anyway, it is done!  Now to wrap and mail it off tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan said...

This is darling - your granddaughter will love it! Wow, I do remember the Stretch and Sew - that was a long time ago!
Susan

Dorthe said...

Dear Judy,
so sweet, and dearly made- the little girl, will be so happy, dressing her doll so beautifull.
And yes , fingers are not what they used to be,lol.
XOX, Dorthe