Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Alphabet Party

Once a month Etsy Cottage Style does an Alphabet Party.  This month participants are to post pictures and descriptions of vintage items they have beginning with the letters P, Q and R.  I had a lot of fun going through the house looking for vintage pieces.  Here are the ones I selected for the Alphabet Party.
Ironstone PITCHERS

old PEWTER PITCHER
The old pewter pitcher and cream and sugar set belong to my grandmother. 

vintage PURSES
The purse on the left is a shabby Whiting Davis.  The black one is old and studded with jewels.

coffee and tea POTS
The pink one is a Droll Designs pot I bought over 20 years ago.  The blue enamel biggin coffee pot above was found in Virginia.
vintage PETTICOATS
Remember these??  I had to wear several in order to get my skirts full enough.  I laugh at that now!

vintage ROSARIES

more vintage ROSARIES
For some reason this rosary collection just grew.  Guess it's because they don't take up much room!

Old wicker child's ROCKER
This old wicker rocker was my dad's.  He was born in 1910 (to 1994), so I can date this at being about 100 years old.  I love this little rocker.  The doll is one of about 40 I made back in the early 1990's.  I sold all but three, which I still have.  Perhaps I will feature the dolls in a post in a few days.

I skipped Q you say?!  I don't have anything vintage that begins with Q other than old cutter quilts.  Q is tough!  And here they are.
vintage cutter QUILTS

I use these in my art work. Believe me, they have been well used and well loved before I use them again in a piece of art work.

If you visit the Etsy Cottage Style blog post for the Alphabet Party, be sure to visit all the other wonderful blogs who have their vintage items posted.  Easy to do!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! Great aplphabet post! So glad you came. I didn't think of Petticoats...good one ;)
And, what a great rosary collection
I guess we all display em on crosses..lol My old rosary from 1967 is so worn I had to retire it this year.I can't even hang it..I'm afraid the links will break more.

Debbi said...

oh good finds for the alphabet post!
Didn't even enter my mind about rosaries or petticoats!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, nice to meet you and thank you for visiting my blog for P, Q and R! :-)
Lovely things that you posted. Love the vintage purses.
Hope to see you again,
Hugs, Diane

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi Judy!

Great Alphabet collections!
Love the ironstone Pitchers and those gorgeous petticoats. :-)

Kimberly