Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday afternoon musings

I decided to clean out that cupboard here in the den and organize it. Then I went to the closet in the second bedroom and started looking around in there. Big mistake!! But I found a lot of old cabinet cards. Took them out and priced them. Have scanned a few in and put them on my Flickr page. That way you can see them and download any that you wish to use.

This one is my favorite and here's why:

I love this picture of a bridal party. The only thing I know is that it was taken in 1907 because that is written on the back of the photo. But the little boy is really dressed up. I love the shoes with the big bows on them. Wouldn't put those on a boy today! But back then it was all right to do so. The other thing is that handsome guy on the right! Whew! He sure is good looking! And I love the "stash". Then I noticed the painting of the garland on the wall or canvas behind the party and then that wonderful rug. Wonder what happened to all of that?

Anyway, the pictures are priced and will be in my booth at Merchants Square by the end of the week.

I think that shopping in antique malls and flea markets is the ultimate recycling!

2 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I share the same thoughts as you . . . shopping in antique malls and flea markets IS the ultimate in recycling!!

I went to an estate sale yesterday and picked up some jewelry and cabinet cards :)

Wendy Gunderson said...

I enjoy seeing your work and the old photo's you've shared. I think you'll enjoy this site with old wedding photos too, http://www.shadesofthedeparted.com/2008/08/august-15-friday-from-collectors.html