Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Look what I found yesterday!

These were tucked in a box in the cabinet here in my den. I was looking for a place to put all the extra cords and mouse from the new computer. I spied a box and in that box were dozens of cut outs and these were among them. I had totally forgotten about the box and the cut outs!And these are just a few of the cut outs I found in the box. A long time ago I found (at an estate sale) a big plastic box full of images cut out of vintage greeting cards -- a big box! Someone had spent hours and hours carefully cutting out the pictures from the cards! It took me a long time to sort through them all and pick out the ones I wanted to keep. This is just a sample of the Valentine's I found. I have sandwich bags full of flowers, roses, Valentines, etc.It pays to go through the cupboards, boxes and shelves in my house! I need to do that more often!! I had totally forgotten about these cut outs!

After I saw Dede Warren's post of January 16th I was enchanted with the vintage Valentine's she is using in a Vintage Valentine's fat book! I even checked out all the links she posted to see what the others were doing for their fat books. I am so wanting to participate in a swap like that! That may even be a goal for me this year -- to participate in a swap like that. Got to figure out how to find one!

BTW! I figured out how to get to the scanner from the desktop and not the scanner itself! Told you I wasn't going to let this new computer and Windows Vista get me! No way!!

6 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I had too many irons in the fire to jump on board for Dede's books. Then this past Sunday I picked up my new friend Linda B to go to the L.A. Gift Show, and she had all of her pages layed out drying and waiting to be mailed to Dede! Oooooh, how I wish I had joined in *sigh*.

My word for this year is "Balance", so I guess at least I'm learning that I can't do everything all the time right? Ooooh, but the books!

carlene federer said...

oooh, I am pea-green with jealousy of your Valentine's cut-outs, what fun!

CeCe said...

You lucky little valentine you! Isn't it fun to find a hidden treasure?!

Judy said...

What a great find? I wonder what I would find if I started going thru cabinets and drawers?

Pam said...

What lovely little images. Aren't you glad you spied they in the cupboard. Can't wait to see how you use them.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

How funny! Who knows what I have lurking around the house! I "put things away" in great places and then totally forget I own them!