Sunday, June 15, 2008

Clothespins and altered book

Where have I been?? Right here, but not blogging. When I get phone calls from friends wanting to know if I am OK, I think I had better blog! Sorry!

Yesterday I found a bag of old clothespins at Merchant Square. I love these old pins and I decided to decorate a few of them for gifts. I like to give my students a little bag of goodies for taking my classes and these clothespins will be in upcoming goody bags.

So I got out paints in the pretty pastels that I love and painted a few clothespins to see how they would turn out. The mug is my drying rack!! It was the most expedient thing I could find to prop the pins on so they could dry.These three pins are wrapped with old lace, rayon seam binding and ric-rack. I found some tiny dressmakers pins recently which are perfect for holding the trims in place.Here you see the beginnings of the next altered book. I went out to my garage on a scavenger hunt and pulled papers, bingo cards, small file dividers and pages from old books that will become the pages of this book. (You have to believe that my garage is a treasure trove of stuff I have collected!) I have a lot of images that I want to put in it that are very whimsical. They are from "Memories of a Lifetime Weddings" by Sandra Evertson and it comes with a CD of copyright-free images. It's great!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT FUN! you're having! I can see why 'blogging' slid down the list. I'd be 'treasure hunting' too if I had such treasures hidden in MY garage. Can't wait to see your newest book. And LOVE the old clothes pins.

Cristine's Story said...

Whew, glad to see you're blog! Don't make me worry again! An e-mail will do, but seeing your creative endeavors is much more inspiring!

Sweet Sage said...

LOVE those clothespins! Wishing I had a garage ~ my house has become my 'boothe'!! ;)

Judy said...

Sweet Sage! Since I closed a booth on May 31, my garage is also full of booth stuff. Just happen to know where my scraps, etc. are. I organized those before I brought the other junk (oops!) stuff home.

CeCe said...

Thanks for the inspiration with the clothes pins. I have a lot of these which have not been used. Come to think of it, I have a lot of a lot which has not been used. That is what are stashes are for though, right?! Glad you are back visiting with us.