Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The finished project!

I finally finished my mixed media book from Carol Wingert's "Under the Tuscan Sun" workshop.  And here is the first half of my book.
This is the cover.  The book is actually two artist's canvases hinged together.  I love the embossed copper map on the cover here and that great clock knob!
Inside the back of the cover (which is the back of the framed canvas) is an accordian book.
The page with the tree actually is four pockets in which to stuff ephemera, postcards, pics, etc.  The other page is a parchment bag that has been slit to hold postcards.
Plenty of time!  The pocket on the right would hold maps, brochures, etc. from a trip.
More pockets for tags.  You can journal on the tags or glue pictures on them.

This is the first half of the book.  I'll share more in a day or two!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Carol has the greatest ideas for books. I love her work. I get green with envy every time you post about her classes. You are so lucky to be able to take advantage of the opportunity. Your book is just gorgeous, Judy!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

This is wonderful! You did such a lovely job!