Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rearranging things in the house

LOVE IT!!  My friend, Joy, came over today to help me redo the shelves in my great room and then to put up the big three cowgirls picture in the back of my kitchen. 
The cowgirls now sit on top of my Hoosier cabinet.  Am going to clean up the shelves and get this area in less cluttered order.  It's a mess of my art stuff!  Ick!

Then we moved onto my bedroom.  I bought the shabby coat rack with the intention of putting it on the wall in my bedroom and hanging up vintage clothing.  Here it is!
I am so happy with this!  A new look for the bedroom!
I've been buying vintage whole slips, petticoats and vintage blouses as I find them.
The pretty hat came out of my bathroom.  It is very old and all the netting and the flower are hand stitched to the hat.  Love the beige square dance petticoat!
There is an old prairie skirt (actually an old petticoat) behind the pink slip.  The camisold top is in front of another vintage slip.
This darling white ruffled evening bag with pink lining contains an old dance card with tiny pencil (it came with the bag tucked inside).  It's dated Friday, May 24, 1940.  It's older than me!!

I love all the changes!  Thanks bunches, Joy!!!

7 comments:

Pallas said...

Spring is in the air - reading more blogs recently about making things tidy. Guess I should take the hint and tidy my work area too.

House of Hullabaloo said...

I would love to see that dance card! I was in your Merchant's booth Saturday. You have some great things there as well. I love the way you have everything placed.

chateau de fleurs said...

Everything in your new display looks so pretty and feminine, so prairie style! Thanks for stopping by to say hi! Christie

Deborah said...

Lovely Judy. I wish my SO would let me decorate like this ALL over the house :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What lovely lacey things!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love your new rack and the lovely vintage goodies you have displayed on it! Love your vintage dress form, too!
Michelle

24 Homes said...

Beautiful!! love these pictures and fabrics :)
thank you so much for inspiring and sharing. you have a new follower.
Greetings from the Netherlands,
Claire

24homes