Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ah! Can't you just smell this?

I made from scratch this apple pie.  Not the crusts, however.  Never did learn how to make good crusts so I purchase ready made ones.  They are pretty good, too!!  I just took the pie out of the oven.  The house smells wonderful!!
My son, Rob, is coming later this afternoon for our Christmas dinner and time together.  Since he is a chef at The Four Seasons in Scottsdale at Troon North, he doesn't get holidays off to spend with family.  They have to work.  So today is our day for Christmas dinner together.  I baked this pie for our dessert!  Of course, he is going to take home half of it today!  I can't have this wonderful stuff hanging around the house!  I will eat it!

The rest of the menu consists of filet mignon from Omaha Steaks (a Christmas gift), baked potatoes and his favorite, the green bean casserole.  Yummy!  Can't wait!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What time is dinner? You can adopt me!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hold on . . . Let me catch a flight out of John Wayne airport and I'll be there in a flash! *smiles*

Enjoy your dinner and your son! xo

Shirley said...

The apple pie sounds so yummy. Enjoy your Omaha steaks. They are located two hours away. My nefew lives in one of the suburbs of Phoenix, Someday I would like to visit to see how different your climate is to ours. Have a wonderful visit with your son. Happy New Year. A Missouri Friend.