Monday, September 27, 2010

Some finds last Friday

My bff Kim Johnson and her husband are moving to Yucca Valley very soon -- [[[so sad]]]!!  Friday they had a pre-sale at their house to clean out stuff that needs to go.  I found some treasures to put in my Merchant Square booth next week.
Black velvet floppy hat 
Black felt hat with netting and feather
Off white child's hat
I love each of these old vintage hats.  I had to do a little brushing and steaming to get them back into shape.  Don't they look great??
Silver clothes brushes
Vintage purse
Old porcelain wall hook and shabby door plates 
Shabby purse close up
This wonderful old purse is very shabby.  But it sparkles in the right light!  Just too bad I can't capture that with the camera.  It is covered with rhinestones and you can see where tiny red stones used to be in the purse frame.  It is lined with sheer pink silk.
Small old trunk
Don't you love this shabby old trunk?  And what a surprise to find that wonderful paper lining!  Way cute for doll clothes, vintage treasures, etc.
Old shutters (before)
These six shutters are pretty dirty.  But they are sage green on one side and white on the other.  Plenty of water and a scrub brush cleaned these up nicely.  Here's the result:
Much better!!  I think they will make great decorator or display pieces.

1 comment:

Stampindamour said...

Judy-these are great finds! I'll be at Merchant Square next Saturday, will be on the lookout for your items! :)

-pamela