Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vintage dresses

Just as Gail and I were pulling out of the small flea market parking lot Saturday morning I spied a pile of old dresses.  I made Gail go back and park so I could take a look at them.  I sell vintage dresses in my booth.  Here are the dresses, all pressed and ready to go to Merchant Square.
This little dress is probably from the 1970's.  Pink taffeta with the white trim.  Cute and tiny.  It fit this small dress form I have so it is probably a size 4 or 6.
This bright pink taffeta gown is also very pretty.  Nice full skirt with a large fabric rose at the waist and one on the shoulder.
This sad looking blue dress is really pretty.  The dress form is too small to do it justice.  Made of blue dotted Swiss, it is a girl's dress -- although a big girl.  Fully lined and the under slip has lace trim all around the hem.   I thought it would make a great Halloween costume for someone who wants to be Alice in Wonderland.  All you need is a white apron, white stockings, Mary Jane's and there you are!  Alice!!  Or maybe even Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  Again, white stockings and red sequined shoes.  Tap, tap, tap!  "There's no place like home!!"  (((smiles)))

3 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

Gorgeous dresses!
I only wish they weren't cut so small, it's next to impossible for normal sized gals to fit into them, right?

Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs,
Anne

Rebecca said...

Hello
Thank you for stopping by! And leaving such a kind comment... The dresses you found are adorable! I just love vintage but those would be a little small for me, there once was a time...
Many Blessings today! Enjoy your Sunday
Rebecca

Dorthe said...

Judy,
how wonderfull they are, I love the blue one, so sweet color--here in DK, we do not often find dresses like that--lucky you.
Hugs, Dorthe