Friday, January 8, 2010

Recent changes and thrifty finds

Been making some changes on my blog. First thing is the background. Even though I have some "cowgirl" things posted, they still can be romantic. In fact, I like to call today's blog "romantic prairie." You can be a cowgirl at heart as well as carry it to how you may want to dress from time to time. Also changed many of the "Blogs I Read Regularly." Took some out, put a lot more in. Check them out!

These are some of the latest thrifty finds of the past week. I love this prairie skirt made of velveteen in a peachy pink. How romantic, how cowgirl! Then there is the pink kerchief and dark pink rose. That necklace is way cool!! This close up gives you a better look at the vintage rose corsage, tiny pink crystal earrings, that great necklace, and the vintage tiny paper fan marked "Made in Occupied Japan."
Here are two more prairie skirts I found recently. One is very lacey and feminine and the other is more cowgirl style. Very pretty! All these skirts paired with girlie cowgirl boots would look fabulous!
The last day of December 2009 featured a "blue moon." I tried to get a picture of it, but realized, too late, that I should have set up my tripod and set the camera for a longer exposure time to capture this since this event happens only once in a blue moon. It was a bit too cold outside for me to go to that length.
Do you know what makes this a blue moon?? It is the second occurrence in the same calendar month of a full moon. That only happens once every few years. The next one will occur in August 2012.

6 comments:

Chany said...

Todo muy bello, Chany de Argentina, Felicidades!!!

Dede Warren said...

Love your new lighter blog and the updated blog roll Judy. I see a few names there that look very familiar. It's fun to see how we grow creatively, and how our blog rolls change with that.

Happy New Year

Chia said...

I usually read your blog in the feed reader but I had to pop over and see what changes you've been making. It's really pretty and I love the angel in the header. I like this feminine look and think it suits you well. :)

CeCe said...

Really like the lighter look, Judy. It is much easier to read and enjoy your wonderful posts.
That blue moon was really beautiful, wasn't it?
The prairie skits look sweet, sweet, sweet!

Beth E-R said...

Love that pink velveteen skirt! I'm headed to Marburger at Round Top in March. I can't wait to see what everyone wears to that shindig.

Thanks for visiting our blog and your nice comment.

Beth of Salvage Studio

Pallas said...

I really like the new background, very pretty.