Monday, March 2, 2009

Under the weather!

Last Thursday the throat started feeling scratchy and sore. Friday worse. By Saturday I was lying on the couch all day, fully dressed and covered with two blankets -- in 88 degree weather! I was freezing!! Yesterday the nose was so plugged that mouth breathing was the only way I was going to take any breath! Cold medicine, you say? It didn't help. Just plugged my breathing passages up totally and my nose still ran! AWFUL!!

I am better today. The nose is somewhat better -- at least at times I can breathe through it! LOL!! But I have been through a lot of tissues!!I found this picture on the blog of Vintage Bliss. I was taken by the turquoise crosses covered with shells. Had to make some of my own!! So off to a "big box" store I went and found the wood cross. You can see that I already had a bag of seashells and a jar of broken pearl necklaces. A little spray paint in Robin's Egg and I was good! I plan to do more!I love the tiny pearls in the center shell. And the limpet shells were so pretty and ruffly! A little glue and I was good to go!

Lately I have been collecting crosses of all kinds. Don't know why! Also am collecting rosaries to drape on the cross and my angel. They seem to be everywhere now! Just look!In the niche in my entry way. I plan to add more as I find them. Used to be a huge floral in the niche and I never really did like it -- not really me!In the corner of the great room stands my angel with a fancy cross on the wall behind her. On the wall to the left top is my only Wallace Nutting tinted photo and two pictures of Lake Tahoe that my sister gave me.Here is a close up of the angel with the rosaries and crosses around her neck. Her crowns (on her head and at the bottom) are from Rustic Stuff in Scottsdale. The angel is from the Scottsdale Marketplace at Lincoln and Scottsdale Blvd. These two crosses are on the walls in the guest bathroom along with lots of my treasures discovered while antiquing over the years.

Got my last issue of County Home. It is not going to be published any longer and the remainder of my subscription will go to Better Homes & Gardens. Well, drat!! If I wanted that I would subscribe, which I don't! I loved Country Home!! Better than Country Living which I thought had lost its original direction long ago and I dropped my subscription. I was a Country Living devotee from the get-go! Kept them for years until my hubby told me to get rid of them because they weighed too much and the AF had a weight limit. He didn't want to pay the extra!

Also got a post card from Somerset Memories letting me know that the backlash (they didn't say that, but we all know everyone complained!) made them change their minds about publishing annually only. They will now published it semi-annually.

My head is shaking. I know what to make of all this, but I don't like it! Not one bit!

8 comments:

Judy Wood said...

hope you feel better soon! get some rest! and MORE blankets!!!

Judy Wood said...

hope you feel better soon! get some rest! and MORE blankets!!!

Judy Wood said...

OOPS! why did that double post?!? lol... must be the headache...

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hoping and praying that you are back to feeling well real soon! cyber hugs and kisses to you.

Lindsey said...

Sorry to hear you were sick. I just got over the same thing last week. I love your cross and rosary collection. I actually have a whole section in my house dedicated to my crosses. It makes for a cool college on the wall. And the rosaries look perfect drapped over the doll!

Take care!

Wendy Christensen said...

Hope you are feeling better ... :)
Happy Tuesday to you!

Wendy Christensen said...

Hope you are feeling better ... :)
Happy Tuesday to you!

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Judy, I am so with you on the Country Home thing. I don't want BH&G either. I want my CH! I used to subscribe to CL from day one, also. The last couple of years have been awful. Not my idea of country living at all.
Hope you feel better soon.