Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No new computer . . .

However, from time to time the screen clears and I can read posts, do emails, and now I am going to do a blog update in spite of this glitch!

This is the desktop screen I see. Colorful, but totally awful! But once I get on the internet, it clears up somewhat but it depends on what I am looking at. Drives me nuts when I want to read something and I have to guess what the words are in the jibberish columns!

Want to show you these two pictures. I bought the frames at a flea market and they contained needlepoint bird pictures. Didn't care for the needlework because it looked grungy and wrinkled in the frames. But the frames were great! Gold, oval and they have convex glass in them!

I love these ladies! The images came in another set of pictures I bought some time ago. I removed them, scanned them in and plan to use them often. The images here are printed out of the computer. I probably won't part with the originals -- at least not yet!I have grown to love these kinds of images and am now collecting them wherever I find them. I generally see pics of ladies in gowns and they are labeled "La Mode Illustree". I plan to do some research on this and see what I can find out.

4 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

sorry to hear about your computer! hope you get anew one soon!
those frames and prints are adorable.

Chia said...

I feel your pain Judy. I just had to get a rebuild on mine because the hard drive was dying. At least this time it gave some warning and I was able to back everything up before it was gone. Now I'm keeping a close eye on my monitor. Every once in a while the color changes and I fear it may decide to go on me too. Times like this make me very grateful to have computer nerds in the family. :) Good luck with your problem.

Sherry Goodloe said...

I just LOVE frames with convex glass, and I love what you did with yours!

Judy said...

Those frames are gorgeous and I love the pics you put in them.