Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Working on shadow boxes

I have been working on a couple of new projects. Lots left to do, but I thought I would give you a sneak peek at what is going on in my work space.

I love these small shadow boxes. They are perfect for vignettes! Since I am a big hoarder of tiny antique and vintage treasures, this is the perfect way to display them!This is the first one I did using several vintage items -- lace, tiny pearls, spoon, perfume bottle -- and an old picture. The lace edge on the glass is actually a stamp and Adirondack snow cap white ink (thanks, Mike, for putting me on to that wonderful product!). This shadow box is in the "nearly complete" stage. I just want to stick everything down and add some "snow" at the bottom of the box. Also want to embellish and decorate the outside edges. I had a vision of seeing this Christmas angel through the frosty pane of a window. Did I succeed??

I hope the angel will be part of a three-projects-in-one class to be offered before Christmas. My idea is to create three quick Christmas projects to be taught in one class. Things to give as gifts or to decorate the home. Since we are all on a "budget" these days and have to watch every penny, many of us are going to be doing more "homemade" things for gifts and decorations. I know I am!!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks good Judy, I just love the angel, where do I sign up? Never mind I guess I know!

Lindsey said...

What a lovely way to show your treasures. I love the angel, what a great way to decorate for the winter! Beautiful work!

Jennifer said...

Hey Mike says that the white ink is Adirondack Snow Cap. We are getting more in next week. He also says to try Ranger's Pearl Dabber.

Judy said...

Oops! Mike is right. Will change that.

Diane Duda said...

Both are lovely and I think the frosty pane is just right!

Judy Wood said...

very nice! how fun...