Thursday, July 10, 2008

Recent book discoveries

Don't ask me where I saw this on the internet. I suspect it was from Joggles.com -- I get their weekly email with all the new things they have in stock. Joggles features a lot of books as well as items for the quilter, art doll maker, sewer, special yarns, ribbons, you name it! They probably have it!! I have bought a lot from them. However. . . . I got this on Amazon.com. It is full of lovely photos of mixed media art work using vintage ephemera and finds. Instructions are offered to recreate some of the projects. In the back are several pages of clip art for the reader's use. Nice book!Another recent book find was this one. I discovered it while reviewing blogs -- in particular, Rebecca Sower's blog. That is where found the link for this book. It is full of pictures and clip art you can use in your own work. The theme of the book is about the time all of these artists spent together in Southern California -- at a trade show, then a whirlwind shopping spree, then back home. The pictures are of their finds and the art work created with those finds. A good read and lovely pictures.

Perhaps I should ask for a sales commission! LOL! I am just happy to put you all onto some good books for your library.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Judy, I picked up the first book in L.A. but didn't see the second one. How funny. The L.A.one couldn't be found there!

Cristine's Story said...

Great finds! Definitely need to pick these up. Thanks for sharing!