Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm Back!

Had a great week in Virginia. It just flew by!! My oldest son made it out there for a few days and all of us were so glad to be together again. Flights were totally uneventful and very easy! So much better than past years!

My daughter-in-law, Laura, has gotten hooked on Stampin' Up and is now a demonstrator. She made this "Grandma" picture collage for me, her mother and grandmother. The grandmothers' collages were done in different colors for each one. I love the pink! And there is some green in there, too, so it will go just fine in my bedroom.
The other grandma, Pat, decorated the covers of paper pads and gave them as gifts. I just love the paper pads -- one is red and the other green. So needed in this house because I make lists and notes to myself all the time!! Here are my crazy sons! They had such a good time together (Dan is on the left, Rob on the right). They hadn't seen each other since their dad's inurnment at Arlington 2 1/2 years ago. Being bi-coastal is a big hindrance to them getting together. You can sure tell they are brothers!! This is my granddaughter, Kara. She had such a good time opening presents this year. Her mom is really great. She does so much with the kids. They had already made a gingerbread house and decorated it together. They made gingerbread man sugar cookies and decorated them (Ryan just licked frosting and ate cookies). Those were Santa's snack when he delivered presents. Kara also left a dish with carrots on it for the reindeer.
Here is my grandson, Ryan. He is almost 19 months old and just too darn cute!
Ryan is such fun to watch. He is just so curious about everything and into everything! The kids got a lot of add-ons to their Thomas the Tank Engine train set and it was such fun to watch them. My sons also loved that train set and spent a lot of time setting up track and trying to keep Ryan (aka "Godzilla") off of the tracks. Of course, that was a futile effort. He wanted to be in the middle of everything!! I am still laughing at his antics!

But, I am glad to be home. I miss my Sleep Number bed! Plus I have a lot of paperwork to do, catch up on blogging (:-)), grocery shopping, visiting with friends here, and recuperating from the trip! Also miss warmer weather and sunshine!! It was overcast or rainy the whole week in Virginia. Only Christmas Day was nice. How nice!!

I am now ready to get back to work in my "studio" and churn out some new things. Have you seen the latest issue of Somerset Studio?? I got mine today and just skimmed it. Can't wait to get into it to read and study it!

1 comment:

Cristine's Story said...

Welcome home Judy! Rest up so you can get some accurate counting done on Monday!