Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back from Payson!

What a wonderful getaway! Gail and I had a ball! We shopped from dawn to dusk Friday and then from dawn to noon on Saturday. Found lots of goodies and had to repack the car so I could see out the rear view mirror! But we did it!

This is Pete! A mule that resides in the RV park where we stayed. Gail brings the mules (there are 3) cut up apples and carrots as a treat every day that she is up there. Those mules have pretty soft lips that pick up the apples and carrots from your hand. Isn't this a face only a mother could love?!

Now, a look at a few of the finds uncovered this weekend of hunting. Jewelry, perfume bottles, shoe buckles . . .
tiny trim, silver plates, snuff bottles, hankies, trinket box...
an old photo album that still had photos (the cover is in sad shape), Victorian wedding photos and a little girl in a black dress (watch for her in a Halloween project!), a large Mother Goose paint book with nursery rhymes in large print (I can see the rhymes printed out on fabric and incorporated in a project), . . .

more lace trim, tassles, crepe paper rolls (thanks Lilia for that!), and . . .a bright red petticoat! I think that would be smashing as a Halloween costume! Of course, there is a lot more, but space here is limited. A lot of the items will be for sale at Merchant Square and others will end up in future art work. Gad!! I had a fabulous time! I am making Gail my honorary sister. She is the only other person I have met that loves to shop like my sister and I did. We had a ball!

No comments: