Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today's musings...

I read about a contest on Chia's website. The contest is on the 5 Minutes for Mom website. All you have to do is leave a comment and you are entered to win a 37" flat screen TV from Best Buy. So I entered. I know, I don't have a snowball's chance in Phoenix, but I thought I would enter it anyway.
I worked on another square canvas today. It will be a class piece. This one is 6x6 inches. Turned out pretty good. Had to make a trip to Michael's today to get some sticks. Finding sticks in the desert environment is not easy! Especially with some of the winds we have during this monsoon season. Blows everything away! Speaking of which. . .
This is a snapshot of my usually dry "river run" in the front yard. There was so much rain this afternoon from a thunderstorm that it filled up the river run to overflowing and it was emptying into the street. Part of the reason for this is that the ground is already so saturated that it cannot absorb any more moisture, thus the big run off. I wished I had taken my camera with me when I drove to Michael's. The huge cumulonimbus clouds (thunderheads) were stunning! And you could see a large dust cloud in the distance and the rain pouring out of the clouds. Awesome! That storm is what dumped the rain here. Next time I will take my camera with me!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ohhhhh Judy! Can't wait to see that in person. Play day Saturday or do I have to wait and take the class? hehe

Kim

Chia said...

This has been a busy Monsoon so far, hasn't it? And aren't you glad you aren't part of the daily rush hour commute? It seems like the storms have figured out how to tell time and have it in for the 9 to 5ers.