Monday, July 2, 2007

Scrapbox Scraps Book

Art is an adventure that never seems to end. . .

How true! This is my scrapbox. It is nearly full of scraps of papers and images left over from projects and ATC's. What to do with all of this?? Well, I spent yesterday creating what I call a Scraps Book. It went pretty quick once I got the hang of tearing and cutting.I started with an old book that had been cut from spine to edge. It is about 2x5 inches. I thought this would make a great altered book, but didn't think of using my scraps until I saw a story in a book I was reading.These photos show you just a sampling of the pages in this small book.
As you can see there are bits of papers and images that were supposed to be used in ATC's but were not. This was a lot of fun to do and it went pretty quickly. I have to decorate the cover and I want to add more little bits from my scrapbox to give it interest.
Most of the pages in this book are "tipped in" but there are a few that are made from gluing together 3 or 4 original pages from the book and then adding a snippet of paper. The adventure never ends!!

No comments: