Friday, June 8, 2007

Finds

Since I haven't blogged in a few days, I thought I had better get my camera out and start taking more pictures. I was out buying this week for my booths at Merchant Square and found some really cool things for my art work.

This menu is from Le Sarah Bernhardt Cafe in Paris (dated 1993). The Gregg shorthand book pages will make great background papers (I think I will photocopy them, not tear them out). And the pretty flowers journal will look much better with a decorated cover -- gift for a friend!


The discovery of this book blew me away! "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" by Edith Holden is beautiful! I couldn't believe it when I picked it up and started to leaf through the pages. Took my breath away! The illustrations and the text are beautiful -- just like her diary must have been! And full of some things I love -- flowers, birds, leaves, nests, etc.! This book has given me inspiration to get back to my art work! I plan to read the book each month and enjoy the lovely illustrations! I will blog more pictures from this book each month -- would you like that?

The little Mary Jane's are totally cool! They have buttons for closures -- no velcro in those days! I can just picture the little girl who wore those! Even the toes are scuffed from playing in her good shoes. Also love the hand towel with the embroidered flowers. I love pink!

No comments: