Thursday, April 26, 2007

SAS and The Paper Studio shopping




Found at SAS (in Tempe) yesterday were these rolls of rayon seam binding as well as these colorful packets of rayon seam binding. This seam binding is perfect for trimming your altered books! It is soft and feels like silk.




I call this "scrim" (strips of metal ribbon that has sequins punched out of it), but I am not sure that is right. I found three sizes of scrim at The Paper Studio this week. I love using scrim as a stencil for backgrounds. Just use a makeup sponge, dabbed on an ink pad and then dabbed over the scrim onto the background. Creates an additional texture.




Also found at The Paper Studio were these papers that are actually strips of papers sewn together. Great colors, but my camera didn't capture the true colors here. I am in the market for a new camera!

No comments: