Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Published Slide Mailers

I am sharing more of my published work with you today. These slide mailers were published in the Oct/Nov issue of The Stampers' Sampler. This one is Asian style which is not really one of my favorites. But I told myself to try it even though I don't care for Asian. And even I was surprised at how it turned out and how much I liked it afterwards. Just goes to show you "how do you know you don't like it unless you try it?"




This slide mailer was also featured in the same issue of The Stampers' Sampler. I decided to do a southwest theme on the second one. I have a big selection of old postcards and images that are southwestern/Arizona. They were scanned in and reduced in size in order to fit on the slide mailer and to fit inside the depressed areas that hold the slides. I included bits of turquoise rock at the edges of each of the depressed areas to fill in the "blank" area left by the cut out. Turned out pretty good, I thought!

These two slide mailers are located at Mystic Paper if you would like to see them. Kim and Jennifer would be happy to show them to you. The pictures do not really show the detail of the metallic paints on the background.

I haven't had a chance to get back to my studio area. Hopefully I can get back to it by Friday. I am going to submit more of my work to Stampington & Co. I want to submit pieces for their new "calls and challenges". I had better get busy because they are due in April and May.

No comments: