Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Last shade to share

This is the last shade I have made.  I plan to do one more, but I think you get the idea.  When I get started on another, larger shade, I will share that, too.
I covered the sections with lace trim, netting, and tulle.  This is a vintage flower spray tied with rayon ribbon.  The crystals are from a string of old crystals.
Here you can see some of the laces and tulle.

I got the tutorial from Karen Valentine's blog My Desert Cottage.  The tutorial is an earlier blog and you can find it here.  Karen has good pictures and instructions for you in the tutorial.  I love to read her blog and see all the wonderful things she creates and how she decorates her home.  Be sure to visit!!

For some other blog to visit, check out these!

Recycled Rita -- she hunts for the same type of stuff I like!

Primrose Design -- I think she is still snowed in!  But she does offer a nice variety of things for you.

Country Wings in Phoenix -- glitz I wish I knew how to get my hands on as well as lovely creations.

1 comment:

Dorthe said...

Hi dear,
such great ideas ,you gives us here, your lampshade looks so wonderfull, with the flowers, on the tulle, and the hanging crystals. love it.
Hugs Dorthe