Sunday, September 13, 2009

Went to Payson again

Gail invited me up to Payson to spend a few days shopping the yard sales, estate sales, flea market, and antique stores with her. Had a ball! I arrived there early afternoon last Thursday and it was nearly non-stop shopping and bargain hunting until Saturday afternoon. Whew! I am tired today!! We both found a lot of things, as well as treasures, for our booths at Merchant Square! Got plenty to show you throughout the week. This is a small antique photo album! Love the size -- 5" x 6 1/4" and over 2 inches thick! Feels great in your hand!
I don't care for this raised do-dad on the cover. Someone, long ago, took a paintbrush and tried to paint over parts of the little figures. I don't care for it at all! Think I will take a paint scraper and try to gently remove it. I want to put a small frame on the cover and then work from there with a new image.
All the pages are there. No lock. All edges of the pages are gold. Someone used the old cellophane tape on the pages to fix the tears. As we all know, the cellophane tape just ruins the paper. Looks terrible, but one can decorate over that. No pictures were included in this album. It has its issues, like the cover is separating from the pages. That's partly why I don't feel too bad about using the cover to do an altered book.

No comments: