I got the idea from the Paper Whimsy website under the "Inspire" tab. They have a lot of cute projects featured there as well as lots of goodies to purchase. The flower at the bottom is from Paper Whimsy.Anyway, this is actually a 6"x6" canvas. You do the project on the back of the canvas. The first one I tried, I didn't have much luck with the crackle paint. But, this time I painted the wood with black and then applied gobs of the crackle paint. It took a while to dry. Then I used alcohol ink diluted with blending solution to tone down the color of the paint. Worked great!
This is an awesome piece Judy! That crackle paint job is fantastic and the image and embellishments are just wonderful.
ReplyDeletei like this one! nice job! i like the way you 'framed' the image...
ReplyDeletethis is soooo lovely! beautiful image, textures and techniques!
ReplyDelete