Monday, September 21, 2009

Autumn begins tomorrow

Autumn is a time of year that I really like. One of the things I miss most about living in the desert, is the turning of the trees and cooler mornings, and sometimes a light frost in the air. But, I do want you to know that there are places in Arizona that do have the color change as well as the seasonal temps. Just not where I live. Perhaps a mini road trip is in order shortly. This is the time of year I miss living in Virginia. Otherwise, I'll stay here! But I can visit!

Yesterday I was sifting through the box in the garage for some "fall foliage" to decorate with. I started with one garland, decided it was too "bland" and this morning went for this garland to encircle my lamp instead. I was going to get rid of this Pottery Barn lamp, but decided better of that idea. A change of the candle inside made the difference.The pumpkin is real. The indian corn is real, too. Not the acorns -- thanks to Pottery Barn a couple of years ago for these!
The vintage plate with the fall colored grape leaves belonged to my mother. I decided this plate was the perfect thing to hold the corn and acorns.

This whole process lifted my spirits today. I have been in a "funk" lately. I can't seem to decide which "project" to do first, so I don't do any project. I think I am ready to move on this week.

4 comments:

CeCe said...

This display is lovely, Judy.
Hey, are you finished with your camp class?
Was the second as good as the first?
The crisp mornings and the turning of the Aspen leaves is beautiful on the way to the Sunrise Ski Resort. Hope you get to go somewhere to enjoy the beauty.

Judy Wood said...

good morning! looking forward to some cooler weather myself judy! i'm listening to taylor swift, the song she was singing talked about fall weather, leaves changing, etc... give a listen! you can find her on line at taylorswift.com very cool songs written by a young woman with an old soul, understanding so much of LIFE! enjoy...

Robin said...

Love your Fall display Judy and can relate to the lack of seasons. Texas just aint the same as North Carolina was for seasonal changes!

Anonymous said...

Love the fall display. It reminds me of being at home. How did you come up with this idea for a blog? I really like it. You can check out my blog and reply to me at http://bkshox5.blogspot.com