Monday, February 9, 2009

Creative journals

I spent two days with Kelly Kilmer and made two big journals from scratch. I had a ball and I love the journals. Although I must admit that there isn't much in them except for painted pages on the signatures. I hope to do a page a day and finish each journal as this year progresses.

Here is Kelly explaining some fine points to the class.This is really "outside the box" for me! Lots of puddles of acrylic paint and gel medium! Lots of color mixing and application to the pages in the journals. Fun, messy and great therapy! I am now ready to try my hand at finishing the journals and filling them with my own personal journaling. Something I have not done, ever! I am going to give this a try! Make it personal! That is now one of my goals for this year. I will show you the journals tomorrow.
I LOVE this fountain that is in the round-about just in front of Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale. How pretty is this?! Geraniums blooming, beautiful horses, the sound of water in the fountain! I have been to Scottsdale many times, but never wandered over on the west side of Scottsdale Blvd. Lots of galleries, lots of cafe's tucked in corners, jewelry stores, wonderful things to explore. Wished I had more time and money!All I can add is "Yee Haw!"

2 comments:

Dede Warren said...

I've taken a couple of classes with Kelly, and found them a bit outside of my comfort zone as well. It' a great way to open yourself up to exploring new techniques. I think ultimately they bring about creative growth, and thats always a good thing.

Have fun playing!

Anonymous said...

Ohh! This looks like so much fun! I can't get enough crafting!
xoxo
Dollybelle