Our first stop was Frenzy Stamper. I have heard lots about it, but never made the trip to Scottsdale to check it out. Unfortunately, dumb me, I left my camera in the car and forgot to take a picture of the outside. But, Frenzy Stamper is in the Old Town area and there is a fantastic sculpture in the street in front of it. Bronze life size horses in the middle of a traffic circle (which are dangerous things, believe me!). Wish I had taken a picture for you. Anyhow, I found a few things in there and enjoyed talking with the salesperson.
Next we headed into Phoenix to visit Melrose Vintage.
A great shabby chic shop with tons of stuff I would love to have in my home. They also have a nice area for scrappers. Beautiful papers and lots of samples. I actually purchased tinsel garland materials there.
Next we went to Rust and Roses which is just a few doors away from Melrose Vintage. This place is full of wonderful finds! Made me think of my favorite place in Northern Virginia, Lucketts General Store.
Joy and I discovered this darling bungalow behind Rust and Roses. It looks so southwestern and was just darling!After our shopping trip we headed back to Chandler to have a late lunch at Olive Garden and to avoid the rush hour traffic. Great girls day out!! Thanks, Joy! It was super!!
It was SOOOO fun, Judy. I, like you, love to seek out new places. A great day with a good friend! Looking forward to our next 'girls' day out'.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading about your excursion, I found myself aimlessly wandering on Sat. afternoon. I decided to check out Melrose Vintage and French Envy, down the street. since i was already wandering I also made it to Frances and Practical Art. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteThe finished albums look great. I'm especially drooling over the botanical book.
Marissa