Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just helpin' out

Mike Putman, a good friend (my BFF and one who "gets it"), asked me to help him out with his beeswax class yesterday at Mystic Paper. So I did. I did not plan to make a beeswax collage with the class, I was there to help the students. However, Mike had prepped a canvas and applied the background paper on it as a demo. He then tells me I can have that one to do a collage with the class. How could I refuse!Here are the ladies in the class hard at work assembling their collages before going to the beeswax table.This is my finished piece. The thing I like most about this is the white script on the final piece. It is stamped on and I love the effect on the center photo. The other thing that you cannot see in this picture is the lovely copper/gold effect on the finished collage. It is done with Pearl Ex. It really gave everyone's finished collage that extra punch to make it special!

5 comments:

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Thanks again for all your help!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's gorgeous!

Cristine's Story said...

Wasn't that a fun class! I have finally been able to retrieve my pictures from the camera from hell. I'll be able to post them later today. Everyone's projects turned out great!

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Why wasn't I in that class, darn it? I hope to take it one of these days. Your piece is great.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you came in to help out Judy. I love how your unexpected project turned out.