Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Vacation begins tomorrow

I am leaving in the morning for Northern Virginia to visit my son and his family. Hugging my grandbabies is something I really want to do!! Last time I saw them all was in late July. Tomorrow afternoon!! Get ready for hugs and kisses, Kara and Ryan!! Grandma Judy is coming!

Saturday is my day to go Lucketts General Store to see their Holiday Open House mentioned in my Oct. 28 blog. Am so ready for that!

I will probably freeze out there! The daytime highs are only in the upper 50's! After days of record breaking 90+ degree temps here the upper 50's will be cold!! I've packed winter clothes that can be layered and bought a wool coat to take along.

Have you seen this book??

I am absolutely fascinated by this book. It was recently published by Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn. Every time I look through this book I find something new and exciting to try.
There are 13 altered house books in here. At first I thought I had one favorite "9A Firefly Lane" by Nina Bagley. The idea of a book done in shades of white with fabric, mica, lace, vintage pictures, really appeals to me. I think my book will be done in shades of white but I plan to include lots of things I have collected as well as ideas sparked by other house books in this book.

Already things have been selected to put in this book. I tried the technique of thinned gesso over old text pages and I love the look. I even tried tinting the gesso with acrylic paint and it is wonderful! Adding a layer of tissue paper makes the background even more interesting. This page was washed with thinned gesso and then a piece of starry tissue paper was added. Hint: be sure to save any interesting tissue paper that is used to wrap gifts or things you have purchased. The starry paper was saved from a store that wrapped a purchase up in it. Didn't care that the paper was wrinkled -- that is fixable!

I probably won't blog during my vacation. But check back on the 15th for pictures and info from the trip! TTFN!! :))

2 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

Have a great trip Judy! Restu up because I think your classes and workshops are going to keep you very busy!

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Judy-Have a great trip! All the best to your family and you! I love your new banner on your blog. Awesome! See ya soon.