Sunday, August 5, 2007

Class with Lilia

Yesterday three of us took this class from Lilia Meredith at Mystic Paper. This altered vintage bird book caught my eye and I decided to take it. I love the softness of it, the vintage hankies used for the cover and the wonderful ephemera Lilia provided to decorate the pages within. A sewing machine is a must for this and it was fun to sew the items to the pages and watch this book take life.
This is the cover to my book, which will fold in half and the bird and flower will be on the cover. Such a pretty hankie! I love the pink and the bright blue on it.


Here is a sneak peek at one of the inside pages. This bird book is not finished yet. All the pages are decorated and just await the final touches of pictures, old jewelry, Stickles and some journaling. I hope to finish the book by tomorrow and then I will post pictures of the finished project.

If you aren't familiar with Lilia's work, you should check out her blogspot here and then take a peek at her Etsy spot here. Lilia searches out thrift stores and yard sales to find truly unique items for her art work and her Etsy shop. Take a look and have fun!!

Lilia is full of great ideas and unique ways to make small items to put in your book. She promises to teach another class soon. I will be there!

No comments: